Class Discussion Questions about Washington, Adams, Jefferson...
YOU do not need to type and submit, but we will discuss in class each day...
1. What made Washington's presidency so difficult, and why?
2. Did the rebels in Pennsylvania have the right to protest the tax on Whiskey? Why or why not?
3. How did old Washington respond to the revolution in France?
4. Washington set a tremendous precedent when he gave a Farewell Address. What did he talk about in his speech? Was he right or wrong?
5. Compare and contrast the Democratic-Republicans and the Federalists.
6. What was the first problem with John Adams as president?
How did Adams respond to the revolution in France?
7. Why did Adams and Congress pass the Alien and Sedition Acts? What were the problems/conflicts with the Alien and Sedition Acts?
8. How were Washington and Adams similar and different as presidents of the United States?
9. In 1801, Thomas Jefferson became president, and he said in his inaugural address "We are all Federalists. We are all Republicans." What did he mean by this statement?
10. Jefferson inherited the foreign policy problems Washington and Adams faced, though Jefferson handled these situations differently. How did Jefferson respond to the impressment of American soldiers?
11. Did Jefferson believe in a BIG or small government? How do we know this?
12. What were the pros and cons of the Louisiana Purchase of 1803?
13. What is judicial review?
14. What was the purpose of the Lewis and Clark Expedition 1804--1806?
15. What was the Chesapeake Affair and what were the effects after this event?
***You can ALSO go under my "Video Podcasts" link and watch the Video Podcasts on BOTH
George Washington & John Adams" Huzzah!!! ****