Week of Aug. 22-26 Here is what we have in store for next week!
Day 1: European Colonization: New France, Roanoke, & Jamestown Settlement, two short flicks on Jamestown!
HW: Listen to the Expanding Empires Podcast by Day 2, Current Events due Wednesday, August 24 (All classes)
Day 2: English Colonization -- Jamestown settlement and Puritan New England, Mayflower, Boston, and the expansion of the English colonies -- America: The Story of Us "Rebels" Episode covering Jamestown & New England Colonization
HW: Remember Current Events are due Wendnesday (All classes) -- Reading from online textbook -- Chapter 2 Section 6 (New Netherland) and answer the questions below for HW DUE Day 3
1. What country were the Dutch from?
2. Where did Henry Hudson sail in America (present day)
3. What were Peter Minuit’s plans in dealing with the Native Americans?
4. What did the Native Americans think about land ownership (in your own opinion explain why you agree/disagree with their views)
5. Who was Peg Leg Pete?
6. How did New Amsterdam become New York?
7. Read “Summary” section from the chapter and write down one thing you learned from the summary.
Day 3: European Colonization partner reading and discussion -- Finishing the 13 Original English Colonies...Why were they created, who showed up, and what were they known for?
HW: Be on the lookout for a pop quiz sometime on the colonies next week...