Andrew Johnson Theodore Roosevelt Herbert Hoover Harry S Truman John F. Kennedy Lyndon Baines Johnson Richard Nixon Jimmy Carter Ronald Reagan Dwight Eisenhower
Here are the important dates for the Research Paper!
Friday, January 8 2016 -- Paper Introduced
Monday Jan 11. -- Friday, January 19, 2016-- Research in class and on Friday 20 note cards that use a minimum TWO sources
Monday, February 5, 2016 – Outline dueMONDAY, March 7, 2016 – Research paper due Absolutely NO Exceptions!
IF you missed class last Friday when I introduced the paper... Watch This Video!!!
Video Podcast: How to do the Paper and Note Cards
Note Cards Link: Note Cards Google Slides Link
You may use the book sources provided or one of two websites:
Miller Center: Miller Center Click Me!
History Channel: History Channel Click Me!
This paper’s goal is to determine whether or not your assigned president did an effective/ineffective job. When doing your research think about the following questions:
- Was your president a popular president in office?
- Did the your president do what was best for the nation?
- Were there decisions that were not good for the nation?
- Was your president effective/ineffective during crises?
- Did your president create anything that we still use today?
- Did your president fail to do a certain job?
- How well did they respond to events during their presidency?
- Were they a war president?
- Were there any decisions, laws, actions by the president that were good/bad? HOW????
The introduction will explain who they are & how they became the president…
- Did they serve in any government positions (governor, Senator, HOR) before becoming president?
- Were they VP and the president died?
- Was there an assassination?
- Were they elected? When did they become president?
- How many terms did they serve as president?
- What number president were they?
- What was their political party?...